Search This Blog

Saturday, March 3, 2012

My ITLA 7 Experience...


The number one role of an educator is to impart knowledge or learning to the students. The center of the learning process is the child. To motivate them, there must be innovations that have to be applied. One of it, is the use of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and the integration of it to their studies and even in their daily life activities.

The Global Filipino Teachers Training conducted by Globe with Coalition for Better Education (CBE) and  Microsoft Partners In-Learning made difference to this.

As a Global Filipino Teacher, it is my devotion to educate my students with the knowledge and skills in the 21st century.

My project which is "GFT-ICT" Gamers For Tutoring: Transforming Student-Gamers into Innovative Classroom Tutors, brought me to the Top National Finalists in the 7th Search for Innovative Teachers Leadership Award (ITLA) of Microsoft Partners In-Learning - Philippines.

This is really an experience which had given rewards for the effort and my passion in imparting knowledge and skills with technology integration. I can still say that what I've done was the Microsoft Teach Tech program.

I am very proud to be in the Top Finalists. During the final presentation, last March 2, 2012 at the Dusit Hotel, Makati City, the pressure is on the air. I've done my best! And it was observed by some of the finalists too, marking me as one of the possible top 3 winners because of the project I implemented.

It is really flattering to hear it. Though I was not able to make it on top, who will represent the country in New Zealand, but my passion in teaching and imparting technology in my class will never stop.

I am not a winner.  But my students won because of the learning, skills, experienced that they have gained in our project.

Still, I'm very thankful and honored. I've gained experiences that only Microsoft Partners In-Learning can give... and it is already a prize and an achievement on my part.

A trophy, hotel accommodation at one of the Five Star Hotel in the country, Redfox Laptop, free travel, etc. made me realized that I am already a WINNER!...

To all of my friends, co-teachers, my family who prayed and supported me... and to my students who are part of the project... Thank you very much and God bless us all...

See me on the next ITLA...


No comments: