Search This Blog

Thursday, September 26, 2013

I am a Global Filipino Teacher!



Being a Global Filipino Teacher is a great impact to my students as well as to other teachers here at Palo National High School.  With the different approaches or strategies in teaching that I’ve acquired from the GFT Program of Globe, I was able to initiate a program that totally enhanced the knowledge and skills of my students in Business Technology.  

The use of computer and the integration of this technology motivated my students.  Their fear in accounting lesson, in a business technology subject, was changed to an exciting and enjoyable one.
Aside from the use of Microsoft Excel which replaced the manual bookkeeping/accounting process, they have produced several outputs as instructional materials which were shared to other students using other technology tools.

With the project-based learning entitled “What Makes Accounting Exciting?”,  the students experienced how business and accounting applied in the real world learning and experience and how technology tools were used to facilitate quality education. 

The uploaded video in Youtube will showcase the activities of the students that made them acquired the 21st century skills.




This is really a blessing! And I thank Globe Bridging Communities for choosing What Makes Accounting Exciting Video, as one of the winners in their GET EQUIPPED CONTEST. 

I believe that this Project-Based Learning in Business Technology “What Makes Accounting Exciting” will go beyond on what we expect to happen with the students of Palo National High School.   This project really helped the students to be more competitive and independent that they really acquired the 21st century skills. 

Hence, I will not forget Globe for making me a 21st Century Educator, a Global Filipino Teacher!   Without you, my teaching is limited and will just stay on the four walls of our classroom.  Now, we are integrating technology and that will make my students ready to face the challenges that they will face in the future…
I also salute Coalition for Better Education, as the training institution of Globe, that honed us to be globally competitive!


Thank you very much and I am very proud to be a Global Filipino Teacher and a Peer Coach of the country!