Search This Blog

Saturday, July 26, 2014

I am back!

 




I really want to tell you my experiences for the past few months including the excitement and troubles but I don’t know where to start.  Now, maybe this is the right time for me to restore my blog site. 
Well, I’ve got bored after the super typhoon Yolanda that hit my place in Palo, Leyte.  Maybe because I still have the trauma, but I have to move forward.  With all the great things that happened in my life and with my family as well, I should be thankful with God’s graces.
Prior to the super typhoon, I joined the Microsoft Expert Educator’s Program because I am interested to participate in the Global Forum and meet the worldwide expert educators from other countries and learn from their innovative strategies in teaching.
It was September 30, 2013, when I submitted my learning activity which was a project based learning in business technology.  The title is “What Makes Accounting Exciting?”, this is all about how I motivated my students to learn and acquire basic knowledge and skills in business and accounting.  I set four accounting activities from this learning activity:  the computerize accounting process using Microsoft Excel, accounting comics activity, module activity and selling activity.  The students acquired the 21st century skills from all of the activities they performed like collaboration, critical thinking, self regulation, the use of ICT, communication, etc.
http://www.pil-network.com/Resources/LearningActivities/Details/7891dd39-e93b-4926-92a6-f698237efde5

I never thought that I’ll be qualified.  I’ve waited for the result of the 250 qualified expert educators who will join the forum in Barcelona, Spain, even 1 day before the super typhoon.
November 7, 2013, I was in my computer room.  I placed all the computers at the center of the laboratory room to keep it safe.  And I checked my email, still there was no announcement about expert educators.
November 8, 2013, the super typhoon Yolanda came and devastated the entire province of Leyte and some part of Region 8.  There was no electricity and no communication.  My wife was 9 months pregnant and anytime that day of November 8 was her expected delivery.  We prayed to keep us safe and it was granted to us.
November 11, 2013, we were transported to Manila by a C130 military plane for the safe delivery of my wife.  We stayed in Parañaque and that night when I checked my email, I read worries and concerns from my relatives and friends.  Until I saw a different one stating that I qualified as expert educator. 
I don’t know, but I didn’t feel any excitement after reading the email of Microsoft Philippines… maybe I was just tired or I am not interested anymore.  Because for me, God had given my family another life, another chance to live and that reward is enough for us.
Maybe God had His purpose for sending me as the Philippine representative in Microsoft in Education Global Forum in Barcelona, Spain, last March 2014. 
Below are some of the articles written because of the greatest achievement God had given me.
Now, I am busy working with all of my commitments to conduct training to teachers.  Train them with ICT integration in Education as Microsoft Expert Educator-Philippines, as Microsoft Ambassador for Education and as a Global Filipino Teacher.



 
 
 
I am also busy looking for sponsors and donors for the rehabilitation of the school’s computer laboratory and help us provide equipment for us to continue what we started in Palo National High School.
Please help us with our hopes and dreams.
I am willing to impart whatever knowledge and skills I have in terms of ICT integration in Education and my experience during the Global Forum, just let me know and I’ll be glad.
Thank you and God bless.

 

 

No comments: