Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

My Students, My Achievements








I am very much happy upon knowing that I’ve influenced some of my students and they took up Bachelor of Science in Accountancy.  Now, they were Certified Public Accountant (CPA).  From our Basic Accounting Lessons in our Technology and Livelihood Education class in high school, now they are exploring the business world with accounting.  And I called it as my greatest achievement.  I can still remember the difficulties encountered by my students during that time; assignments, activities, practicum, seatwork and the most confusing part was during the examination.  After exam, they will never say that the test was just easy… annoying on my part, but that is part of the training.  They need to learn the lessons and specifically, they have to acquire the skill. 

Our lesson in accounting made more exciting when we integrated the use of Microsoft tools in the activities.  Students motivated a lot.  The manual process was replaced to a more informative and they produced a more professional looking accounting reports, the Financial Statements.
I hope that my students are realizing the significance of our lessons.  It will not just advance them for college, but the skills they’ve learned in accounting and business including the ICT which was integrated, can be used for their future career.

I can see the hardship of my students.  Just take it easy, and later you will see the INCOME of your labor.  You may gain a not satisfying grade because of some confusions in the activities or tests.  But what important is not the grade but the learning you acquired from the lesson.

My students, you are my achievements! For you applied the learning in the real world application.  For now, study hard and patience because success is just part of the computation of your life.

No comments: